Whether you have a damaged tooth that needs to be repaired or you need an entire tooth replaced, Nova Dental has you covered. We offer many options for the repair and replacement of one or more missing teeth. A couple of popular options for repair and replacement (respectively) are dental implants and dental veneers.
Below is more information about dental veneers, dental implants, and which option may be best for your dentistry needs.
Dental implants are a form of tooth replacement that can be used to replace a single tooth or multiple teeth. This option involves the placement of a titanium rod or rods to hold a dental prosthetic in place. This prosthetic mimics the appearance and provides a similar function to one or more missing teeth.
Yes! There are a few different types of implants that your dentist and you may choose between (depending on the nature of the replacement). These include:
· Single Implant. Single implants are intended either for the replacement of a single tooth, or for the individual replacement of multiple teeth. These implants involve the use of a single rod to hold a prosthetic in place.
· Implant-supported dentures. Dentures are a great option for patients that need an entire row of teeth replaced. With that said, they are known for not being extremely secure. Implant-supported dentures involve the placement of implants to snap the dentures into place—ensuring additional strength and security.
· Implant-supported bridge. For patients that need more than one tooth replaced, an implant-supported bridge is a great option. These forms of bridges provide excellent support, while also allowing the patient to maintain the integrity of their surrounding teeth.
· All-on-4. All-on-4 are similar to implant-supported dentures, with the main difference being all-on-4 are not intended to be removed. Instead, they involve the placement of a prosthetic that is semi-permanently fixed in place.
Dental veneers are a form of dental repair that involves the placement of a prosthetic that sits on the tooth and creates the appearance of a healthy, natural tooth. Veneers are often used for patients that need to repair moderate damage that is still mainly cosmetic. If the damage is too severe, a dental crown is required.
Dental implants help in a variety of different ways. These include:
· Ongoing oral health. What many people don’t realize about missing teeth is the issues they cause aren’t just aesthetic. You can suffer from major, ongoing oral health problems if you don’t have your tooth replaced. This may include tooth decay, gum disease, root infections, and even jaw deterioration!
· Migration Prevention. The main reason for the ongoing oral health issues you experience with missing teeth is teeth migration. When a tooth or teeth are missing, the surrounding healthy teeth shift. This can lead to impacting, crowding, and crookedness. Not only does this look unappealing, but it can also make it particularly difficult to brush and floss. In turn, this can lead to gum disease, tooth decay, and root infections.
· Bite support. Those with a missing tooth or teeth understand how difficult it can be to bite down on food and chew. With dental implants, it’s much easier to eat your favorite foods.
· Appearance. Having a gap in your smile isn’t ideal. A gap often makes people feel self-conscious, leading to them smiling less. This can, in turn, affect the patient’s confidence, self-esteem, and mood. Dental implants fill the gap, allowing you to smile wide and with pride.
There are a lot of reasons why you should consider dental veneers. Some of these reasons include:
· Appearance. Dental veneers are an excellent option for those that want teeth that look healthier and more natural. Veneers are intended to repair teeth that are cracked, chipped, or discolored. By replacing the portion of the tooth that looks unappealing, veneers can improve the appearance of a patient’s entire smile. Most patients find that others don’t even notice they have veneers placed, as they look so natural.
· Misalignment. While veneers aren’t intended for major alignment issues, they can be used to improve the appearance of minor alignment problems. For more major alignment treatment, though, braces will likely be required.
· Gaps in teeth. If you have a minor gap between your teeth, dental veneers may be a great option to close the gap and provide the appearance of a natural and full smile.
Dental implants and dental veneers aren’t intended to address the same issue. They are actually very different services. Dental veneers are a restorative option, while dental implants are replacements. If your tooth is damaged but can still be saved, dental bonding, a veneer, or a dental crown will be considered. If your tooth is missing or needs to be extracted, your dentist will consider implants or a bridge. If an entire row of teeth is missing, your dentist may consider dentures, implant-supported dentures, or all-on-4.
Once you visit Nova Dental, Dr. Guldalian will take a look at your damaged tooth or the gap between your teeth. She will then determine what the best treatment option is for repair or replacement.
Nova Dental offers a wide variety of dentistry services provided by the best in the field of dentistry. Our modern office is staffed with caring professionals that believe in providing compassionate care.
Nova Dental provides both cosmetic and general dentistry services for our patients. This includes cleanings, checkups, dental veneers, dental bonding, teeth whitening, dental crowns, bridges, and more. We also provide family dentistry services.
If you are looking to have a tooth repaired or replaced, give Nova Dental a call. We’ll schedule an appointment to take a look at the tooth and determine the best course of action to address the issue.